Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Yahoo Strives for More Innovation

Yahoo Strives for More Innovation

Note: This conversation is not real.


August, Yahoo HQ.

Yahoo User Experience Design Employee: I was googling for ... err ... I was testing Google's usability when I've noticed that Google has changed the "more" link from their homepage. They have a small menu with links to other services. Now we have to add it too...

Yahoo Product Manager: I think we should wait. You know what happened when Google launched Gmail and we suddenly decided to increase the storage from 4MB to... 250MB.

After three months.

Yahoo User Experience Design Employee: I've noticed that Live.com has a "more" menu. Now we're the only one that doesn't have it. Our users will think the competitors are better because they have... more.

Yahoo Product Manager: Oh no. Quick! Add some services. Make sure we have 5 services like G, and "more" doesn't have a capital M.

After one month.

Yahoo Product Manager: Is it ready?

Yahoo User Experience Design Employee: Yes. I cried a little when I had to move the Directory to the more menu. Once our core product, now next to Jobs and News...

Yahoo Product Manager: Don't worry. Google removed it. Now what do you think: should we increase Yahoo Mail storage? You know, just in case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment